On the application, applicants will provide basic information about their financial circumstances. These questions are to assist in determining an applicant’s financial need. The questions in this section will include:
- Students personal financial status
- Has the applicant completed the FAFSA or WASFA?
- What type of financial aid or outside funding does the applicant receive?
- Does the applicant claim dependents on their taxes?
- Briefly share your financial plan to pay for your college education.
Completing the FAFSA/WASFA is now REQUIRED. See student resource page for assistance on applying for financial aid. All applicants must have a FAFSA or WASFA completed and submitted to any one of the Seattle Colleges by deadline. The completion of the application will be verified through the financial aid offices at each college.
Applicants awarded a scholarship will then be required to complete all additional forms required by the college you plan on attending by August 1st. See the college financial aid websites for more information.
What if I don't qualify to complete the FAFSA or WASFA?
Students who are exempt from completing the FAFSA or WASFA include:
- International Students
- Students waiting for immigration status
All other students including those who have maxed out of funding, completed a previous degree, defaulted on student loans, etc. must complete the FAFSA or WASFA. If you are unsure which form to complete, check out How to Apply for Financial Aid | WSAC (wa.gov).