- I understand the scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution I am attending and that I will not receive a direct monetary award under any circumstances.
- I understand my scholarship will be awarded based on the quarter(s) I plan to attend in the next academic year. Funds will not be disbursed in one lump sum, except for transfer scholarships. [South Foundation scholarships are up to $1500 per quarter.]
- I understand that my scholarship will be prorated if I enroll in less than the minimum of 9 credits each quarter and will forfeit funds unused due to proration of scholarship(s) [see FAQ - Awarding Scholarships for proration]
- I will not receive any funds for quarters I do not attend, and I cannot combine scholarships per quarter.
- I understand my scholarship can be used to pay for educational expenses for the 2022-2023 academic year. This includes anything beyond tuition and fees - books, supplies, etc. [South Foundation scholarships are for tuition, fees, and books ONLY.]
- I understand that my award must be used within the 2022-23 academic year awarded and cannot be transferred to another academic year.
- I understand that my award cannot be used to pay past educational expenses/debt nor Prior Leaning Credits (PLA).
- I understand that it is my responsibility to confirm the scholarship has been credited to my student account, and I will pay any remaining balance before the payment deadline.
- I understand that I must notify the Foundation of any changes to my enrollment status while I am receiving Foundation scholarship funds. I understand these changes will impact my scholarship status.
- I accept responsibility for maintaining a satisfactory academic record each quarter.
- Should I fail to maintain the GPA requirement, I understand my scholarship will be terminated.
- I give my consent to release any information about my academic progress to scholarship donors.
- I give the college and Foundation permission to use my name and/or picture for publicity purposes and to generate awareness of my scholarship award.
- I agree to upload a typed and signed thank you letter. I understand this letter will be used to share with the donors, Seattle Colleges Foundation Board of Directors, South Seattle College Foundation Board of Directors who made my scholarship possible.