Through the Seattle Colleges Foundation, our institutionally related foundation, the Office of Advancement coordinates fundraising efforts districtwide to advance the mission of Seattle Colleges.
We work to connect donors who want to impact student achievement and strengthen the Seattle community. Donors’ interests range from student scholarships, program and teaching excellence, and capital improvements.
The tax ID number/employer identification number or EIN for Seattle Colleges Foundation is 83-0551671. Gifts to the Seattle Colleges Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. Consult with your tax advisor when determining the tax-deductibility of all of your charitable contributions.
Mission, Vision, and Values
This new foundation continues the work of catalyzing community support to advance the mission, work, and impact of Seattle Colleges. As we engage our community to transform lives, promote equity, and increase access to quality, affordable education, these values guide our work:
- Accessibility for all learners and partners
- Transparency such that financial contributions occur in an equitable and reliable way
- Partnership with the community and commitment to working together
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity for all individuals, particularly the underserved in our community
- Prudent Fiscal Management for long-term viability of donor investments
- Integrity by adhering to the highest standards of ethical fundraising and public stewardship
One Foundation Rather Than Several Separate Foundations
A new nonprofit, Seattle Colleges Foundation emerged from a process of consultation and collaboration among the campuses comprising Seattle Colleges, each of which previously operated its own separate foundation. Seattle Colleges Foundation serves the philanthropic needs for each college as well as the Seattle Colleges District as a whole.
The move to a single, unified institutionally related foundation follows a prevailing national model for multiple-college districts adopting an integrated approach. We’ve implemented structural changes, consolidated resources, improved coordination, and renewed strategy and alignment. As a result, we’ve increased our overall fundraising capacity and efficiency.