Seattle Central College Commitment Scholarship
Seattle Central makes a bold commitment to provide tuition assistance to every student who demonstrates financial need, enrolls in at least 6+ credits, and maintains a 2.0 GPA. The Commitment Scholarship makes funding accessible, transparent, predictable and reliable, while incentivizing academic success.
Keeping our Commitment
This scholarship program is made possible thanks to the vision and generosity of the former Seattle Central Foundation, its board and staff, and the pioneer donors. The criteria for this program continues to evolve to provide greater access to students farthest away from educational justice.
Information for Students
Central Commitment scholarships are awarded once per quarter during the first week of classes. Eligible students can expect this scholarship to assist with the cost of tuition and fees. This scholarship is reserved for current students who meet the following criteria:
To qualify for the Central Commitment you must:
- Must be a Seattle Central College student.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA (Seattle Central College cumulative GPA)
- Must fulfill the SAP policy requirement.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6+ credits.
- Provide class plan for following quarter.
- Provide copy of past due balance invoice.
Other notes on eligibility:
To be considered for this scholarship you are highly encouraged to fill out your FAFSA or WAFSA form by the quarter’s priority financial aid deadline.
- This scholarship is only available to first-time degree seekers
- You will only receive funding if you have a gap between tuition/fees and your financial aid package.
- It is strongly recommended that you work with an advisor to complete an academic plan after your first quarter receiving the scholarship.
- You must use your Seattle Colleges email address to complete the application